Understanding the Library Catalogue
The library catalogue is an online system that allows you to:
- Search for resources to support your academic study
- Place reservations for items you would like to be held for you
- Manage your library account through the Account feature including checking items you have on loan, renewing items (unless overdue or reserved by another borrower) and checking your borrowing history.
Use the UCO library catalogue link to access the resources.
If you are on the campus network you will be logged in automatically when you click the link for the UCO library catalogue.
Off campus you will be prompted to log in. Your username and password are as follows:
Username: your student number – e.g. 123456
Password: your network password
I’m having trouble logging in
Check to make sure that your network password has not expired. If you’re still having problems accessing the catalogue, please contact us via email@example.com or 0161 344 8888 as soon as possible.
How do I renew my books?
Renew your books via the Account feature which will show you all the items you have online. Select the items to be renewed and click on the renew button.
It won’t let me renew my books
Your renewal may be blocked for a number of reasons.
- Your books may be reserved by another student
- You may have reached the maximum number of renewals allowed on that item
- You may have outstanding charges on your Library account
To help us to help you, please contact the Library via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 344 8888.