Fees and Finance


Tuition Fees

Full-time courses with a 2018/19 entry are charged at £7500 per year, unless stated otherwise, with a £500 Bursary for full-time eligible students available.  Part-time courses with 2018/19 entry will be charged at £3,750 per year, unless stated otherwise.

Please note that your tuition fees for subsequent years may rise in line with inflation.

No matter what the fees are for your chosen course, it is important to remember that you will not pay anything up front for your tuition. Every new UK student is entitled to a Tuition Fee Loan to cover the costs of their education, and you will only start to begin repaying the loan after graduation once you are earning over £21,000.

Check how much you will have to repay on the Student Finance Website

You apply for this support through the central loans company for your country no matter which university you choose to study at, so for example, an English student will apply through Student Finance England. The arrangements do vary according to your country of residence, and you can find more information on the relevant website:

Living Costs

​You are also entitled to a Maintenance Loan to help towards the cost of living while you study. Depending on your household income (so usually how much your parents/carers or partner earn) you may also be entitled to a Maintenance Grant (which you would not need to repay). Both the loan and grant are dependent on your household income and whether you are moving away from home to study (see the table below for more information). Your eligibility for both loans and grants will be considered when you make your application for student finance.

The figures here are for English students starting in 2014, and may vary if you come from another country in the UK. All figures indicated are per year:

Household income Maintenance loan
£25,000 or less £8,200
£30,000​ £7,612
£35,000 £7,023
£40,000 £6,434
£42,875 £6,095
£45,000 £5,845
£50,000 £5,256
£55,000 £4,667
£60,000 £4,078
£62,180 or above £3,821
Applying for Financial Support

​Your application for student finance should be made according to the country you live in. These instructions are for English students, though the process is very similar for all countries in the UK.

  1. Create your online application at gov.uk/studentfinance and use the Student Finance Calculator to check what you are entitled to. The application system is open from February each year. You should apply as soon as possible so you can be fully assessed for financial support. You do not need a confirmed place at university in order to apply. Before you start your application, make sure you have:
    • The course details of your first choice course (you can change this later if necessary)
    • Details of the University you have applied to
    • Your passport or birth certificate
    • National Insurance Number
    • Your bank details.
  2. You will be issued with a separate customer reference number which your parents will then use to log on and complete details of their income.
  3. Student Finance England may contact you or your parents to request copies of any further financial evidence they require.
  4. Applications will usually take 4-6 weeks to process. You can track the progress of your application by logging back in.
  5. You will be sent a student finance entitlement letter which will set out exactly what support you can receive. You should sign and return the declaration form.
  6. Any support you are entitled to will be paid to you once you have arrived at university and shown your student finance entitlement letter to the staff at enrolment.

Deadline: The deadline for Student Finance England full-time applications is approaching. It’s important that students apply for support before the deadline. Students, who don’t apply before the deadline dates, might not get their money in time for the start of their course.

The deadline for continuing students is 30 June 2017 .


Why not check out this helpful guide to Student Finance provided by the Student Room

Postgraduate Students

You can find the tuition fees for our Postgraduate courses in the table below:

Course Postgraduate Fee
Teacher Training CertEd pre-service £5,995
Teacher Training PGCE pre-service £5,995
​Teacher Training PGDE pre-service ​£5,995
Teacher Training CertEd in-service £2,985
Teacher Training PGCE in-service £2,985
​Teacher Training PGDE in-service ​£2,985

If you are studying for a postgraduate qualification at University Campus Oldham, there are options available to help you fund your studies.

Find out more about by calling our Admissions Team on 0161 344 8800 or emailing info@uco.oldham.ac.uk

Mature Students

As a mature student you are entitled to the same Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan or Grant as any other student. You may also be entitled to additional support to help with the additional responsibilities you might have. Student Finance England offer a Childcare Grant (CCG), Parents’ Learning Allowance (PLA) and Adult Dependants’ Grant (ADG). Your eligibility, and the amount you are entitled to, depends on your individual situation. Once you submit your finance support application, the student loans company will assess your eligibility for this support, and may request some additional information from you. You can find out more from their quick guide to Dependants’ Grants.
A Special Support Grant (SSG) is available for students who can claim income-related benefits. The amount you are entitled to is dependent on your situation and will be assessed as part of your application. The grant replaces the maintenance grant for qualifying students.

Students with Disabilities

Depending on your needs, you may be entitled to a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA). We can provide you with support in completing your application for the DSA which is provided by the government, and does not need to be repaid. The allowance is not dependent on your income, only your needs, and is paid on top of your other student finance support. It is available to all students including part-time and mature applicants. You can find out more information on the government website for the DSA.

Repaying my Loan

You will only start to repay your tuition and maintenance loan after you have left higher education and your annual income is at least £21,000. You will only start repaying in the April after you leave higher education, even if you already earn over £21,000. Repayments will be 9% of income above £21,000, so the amount repaid each month will depend on what you earn.

For example someone earning £21,500 – currently the salary of a newly-qualified teacher – would initially make repayments of just £4 per month.

Annual salary


Repayment per month


Repayment per day




Nil Nil


£21,000 £7.50




£25,000 £30.00


£30,000 £67.50




£35,000 £105.00




These amounts will be deducted automatically from your pay through the tax system if you’re in employment, and if for any reason your income falls below £21,000 your repayments will be suspended. Separate arrangements will be made if you are self-employed, move overseas or are retired.

What’s more, there will be no charge for graduates repaying their loan early.

Childcare Grant

Caring for Children is expensive. However, we don’t think this should prevent you from going into higher education, especially as there are a number of schemes that could help.

Student Finance England offer a Childcare Grant (CCG) and Parents’ Learning Allowance (PLA). Your eligibility, and the amount you are entitled to, depends on your individual situation. Once you submit your finance support application, the student loans company will assess your eligibility for this support, and may request some additional information from you. You can find out more from their quick guide to Dependants’ Grants.

Fees and Finance

For students to be eligible for funding from Student Finance England, they must be studying on an eligible course at a provider registered with the Office for Students (OfS).  The OfS is the new independent regulator for Higher Education in England and all Higher Education providers need to register with the OfS for their students to be eligible for student support in the 2019/20 academic year.  The OfS will start publishing providers on it Register from July 2018.  We have made an application to register and expect a decision by September 2018.  No provider will be able to confirm whether student support is available until it has a decision from the OfS.  Visit www.officeforstudents.org.uk/ for more information.