Apply Today!

Disability Support Services

Disability and Mental Health and Wellbeing Support

At UCO we will make reasonable adjustments to support you to overcome difficulties your disability presents you with.  Examples of the support that may be available, but not limited to, are:

We are also able to support you in an application for Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA).  This is a government grant to help you pay for the extra costs you may have as a result of your disability.  This is also how you can get a non-medical helper, such as a Study Skills Facilitator or a Specialist Mentor, to assist you whilst studying in Higher Education.

Contact us:

For disability related queries, please contact:

Laura Macmillan –  0161 344 8877

For Mental Health and Wellbeing queries, please contact:

Grace Brogan –    0161 344 8843


Disability Support Allowance

UK students with an additional learning need, disability, mental or long-term health condition can apply for the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA).  DSAs are paid on top of your other student finances and do not have to be repaid.  They can cover the cost of specialist equipment like computer software, extra travel costs you have to pay because of your disability and other costs such as printing and photocopying. The application process for Disabled Students Allowance can be a lengthy one so it is advised that you submit your application as soon as possible so that support can be in place for the start of term. For up to date information and guidance on all aspects of student finance, please visit: